MASIKHULE TRAINING COURSESTRAINING, DEVELOPING AND EDUCATING WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN EARLY CHILD DEVELOPMENT SINCE 2005
ALL MASIKHULE TRAINING COURSES ARE ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
MASIKHULE TRAINING COURSES
Masikhule makes a positive contribution to the upliftment of communities through skills training, mentorship and capacity building in the field of Early Childhood Development.
Training is offered to ECD educators and volunteers who work in ECD Centres within marginalised communities of the Helderberg area ONLY.
Course fees (where relevant) can be obtained on enquiry.
Relevant legal documentation is a requirement for attendance by foreign nationals.
Contact Karen with any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp on 071 610 2008.
Baby and Toddler Training Course (First 1000 Days):
From Conception to 2 years –
1 course per annum
In line with NDP, the focus of Department of Social Development and the Millennium Development Goals, these courses are aimed at pregnant women, community health care workers, parents and créche workers caring for young children from birth to 2 years.
The five-day course covers:
• Maternal health and well-being
• Mother and baby nutrition
• Foetal development and early stimulation
• Early bonding and sensitive nurturing
• Baby and toddler development
• Learning through sensory motor play
• Baby and toddler stimulation needs and ideas
• Practical toy-making & creating from waste for babies and
ECD Educator Training Course –
3 courses per annum
Attendees will receive comprehensive, practical and relevant training in Early Child Development and the importance of purposeful play in the early years (0 – 5 years). Attendees should be employed in, or be volunteering at an ECD Centre within a marginalised community.
• Basic principles of child development
• The importance of play on development
• Baby development and play
• Practical, age-related toy making and creating from waste
• Creative play and play ideas
• Basic hygiene and safety
• Early childhood nutrition
• Basic classroom set-up
• Basics of ECD program planning and implementation.
Advanced ECD Educator Training Course –
2 courses per annum
Community-based pre-school educators will be given full training over nine modules, enabling them to apply a holistic Early Child Development program within their ECD Centres and allowing Masikhule staff to evaluate their performance and offer support.
• ECD program planning and implementation
• Exploring themes and activities
• How to work and plan according to desired outcomes
• Practical implementation of a holistic child development
programme for all ages
• Classroom management and administration
• Each community-based ECD centre attending will receive an
ECD Resource Kit.
ECD Business Management Course –
1 course per annum
Once a year Masikhule runs a seven-module course for pre-school Principals and Administrators. This highly practical course, which includes follow-up mentorship and in-service training visits, enables delegates to successfully manage and sustain an ECD Centre or crèche.
• Administrative and office management
• Financial management
• Human resources
• Positive discipline
• Governance and leadership skills
• Principals of ECD Centres each receive a Business
Management Resource Kit.
Teaching Enrichment Workshop – 10 Workshops per annum
Regular, focused and specialised 1-day Workshops for educators, prepared by an Occupational Therapist in response to specific developmental and learning needs of children in the pre-school years.
Best Nutrition Workshop –
1 Workshop per annum
A 4-day Workshop for women who prepare food in community-based ECD Centres to provide accessible solutions and guidance as to how best store, prepare and plan menus to provide the children with the required nutrients within the limited budgets available.
This highly practical course includes follow-up mentorship and in-service training visits.
• Nutritional requirements of children
• Menu assessment and planning
• Standardized menus and practicals on healthy food preparation
including portion sizes
• Best hygiene, safety and storage practices
• Each ECD Centre will receive a Best Nutrition Resource Kit.